The weather has turned and summer is here... and not a moment too soon. We had our first good basil harvest today and got lots of pesto put in the freezer. I will know it's been a good summer when it starts to crowd everything else out. We had a lovely visit with Katherine and Andrew yesterday - their mad Memory skills were on full display. Avena has been in game mode lately - playing lots of Memory, Hi-Ho Cherry-O, and doing puzzles. I have such fond memories of playing Hi-Ho Cherry-O when I was young. I'm not going to lie, though, it drives me crazy as an adult (who wants to be at the mercy of the spinner?). I think Avena's train obseesion is, for the most part, behind us. She has moved onto cats, specifically purple cats. She has decided that if she can't beat them, she might as well join them. So, she's pretty much decided she is, in fact, a cat. I've provided evidence below - note she's chillin' in her room wearing purple ears and a purple tail. June has provided some good popsicle eating and bike riding weather, so I included a couple photos. Avena is starting to venture farther on her bike. So far we've made it halfway around our long block. Happy Father's Day to Ben, who is a top notch daddy.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She's looking like such a big girl! Belated Happy Father's Day to Ben...and happy summer garden wishes to you!
ReplyDelete