Is anyone else tired? Ben and I fell asleep in our clothes, on top of the bed last night. Apparently pulling back the covers and putting on pajamas was out of the question. We woke up about 4am, when Avena was hungry, and we both looked at eachother confused. For some reason, it caught up with us all at once! I posted some photos from the last few weeks. Avena is crawling around like crazy and is nearly obsessed with pulling herself up on things. I am taking advantage of the rare afternoon nap to get this post up. Congratulations to Kasie and family for getting home from Ghana safe and sound with little Zoey, and we're thinking of Jeanie and Rebekah who are in Ghana now. Avena's life of civic involvement has officially begun (did I tell you she went to the polls twice during our recent special election?). We're training her early! Yesterday she went to her first Design Review meeting at City Hall. She made spitting sounds throughout the entire proceedings, but it was a raucous meeting, so nobody seemed to mind. She also survived her first dose of good ol' American viruses - a case of pinkeye with a little croupy cough thrown in for good measure. We're looking forward to our annual 4th of July celebration. Our menu is always Mexican food - after nearly dying of heat stroke while frying fish for fish tacos in previous years, we're making the bold switch to shrimp tacos this year. Delicious.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ben with the mustache and flavor-saver! Looking good!
ReplyDeleteAimee, you will crack up, that cute little purple striped top Avena is sporting in the second photo...L is wearing the same one RIGHT NOW! Great minds, I suppose.
I adore the photo of you and Avena in the mirror!
So good to see your faces. I miss them. We are going to have to arrange a virtual happy hour one of these days. Do you all have Skype?
Looks live Avena is doing wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteYes, we are very tired too...yesterday morning I was giving Zoey a bottle and Scott had to take it out of my hand because I had nodded off...couldn't believe it..I felt horrible!
Glad to see you guys are doing so great..those photos are awesome!!
Hey Kerry... I bought Avena the purple striped top along with the same one in hot pink. A few days later my mom came to the house and she had the orange one. So, add another great mind to the club! Ben and I just got a laptop with a webcam. As you know from being with us for six weeks (years?) in Ghana, we're a little s..l..o..w with the technology, but we're going to figure it out (or just call you and Erik so you can tell us what to do!)
ReplyDeleteKasie... there's no new photos on your blog (hint hint)!
Ahh, how I do not miss the falling asleep on the floor next to Bri's bed after she pretends to read me a story and "Did I give you a bath last night?" I now get pooped taking care of my nieces & nephew for the day. But I do miss the endless wet kisses and hugs.
ReplyDelete