

The top photo was taken in February 2009, during the first bath we gave Avena in Ghana. She was in the blow up duck tub that we brought with us, and we were in the Forte Royale Guest House in Accra. It's one of my favorite photos. The bottom photo was taken today, almost a year later. She looks so grown up. Today was the first day I pulled off the "4 puff" hairdo. It required putting on a Baby Einstein video, which was also a first. Without the distraction it is nearly impossible to get her to tolerate the whole process. I was inspired by Kerry, our Ghana pal, who has recently mastered the "4 puff" 'do on Lydia. Avena's hair isn't really quite long enough near her ears or at the very back, but we're close.
Ahhh...she's getting so big! I love the puffs!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how she's changed in the last year...I mean I can, but WOW!! She looks like a Toddler, which is good since she is one.
ReplyDeleteSeeing her little hands clasped together in the top photo is how I remember her and I suspect she's a much different girl now.
We need to get together sometime in the not-too-distant future so that I can update the impression I have of her in my mind (which is of course of her just before I left Ghana).
The four puffs look great, by the way!
People ask how I was able to get her hair done and I tell them: 2 Backyardigans and a popsicle. :)
My Mom is the Queen of french-braids, with 1.5 inch hair. She said her secret is to sit them on the bathroom counter with their feet in the sink so they can look at themself and Grandma too (i think she bribes them with candy). She is fast too, in under 10mins the whole head is braided. [i can only do pic-tails and not always straight]
ReplyDelete