Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Deck the Halls with... Everything




What's the best part about spending your first Christmas with your first child? Official answer: Sharing the magic of the season and appreciating being a family. Unofficial answer: Ben's paternal instincts seem to have erased his weird aversion to Christmas decorations! Old Ben: "Why kill a tree just because it's Christmas?" New Ben: "Next year we should add lights to the garland on the porch." This is a Christmas miracle! From this point on, I will decorate with abandon. I will be the lady at Michael's craft store buying everything and covering it with glitter and affixing it to all non-moving parts of the house. Yahoo. The first two photos above are from our first annual porch decorating day (0ne of the few advantages of living in an ancient house is having a big porch for hoiliday decorations). Below that is a photo of Avena on Christmas morning. Stacking and sitting on boxes were clearly her preferred activities. The last photo features her fancy dress, although she insisted on wearing the apron she just received with the fancy dress. Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. Talk about stinkin' cute!!!! Oh she is absolutely adorable!!! Zoey makes the same face that Avena has in the middle picture with the crinkled nose- I call it her "cheesy grin"-
    I know exactly what you mean about Christmas too- Scott suddenly was ok with getting up at 0600 Christmas morning, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sitting on the box! And how big she looks in her fancy Christmas dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little tear in my eye. Aahh how I miss Christmas and Birthday mornings. I'm lucky if I see her Christmas morning now that she not living at home. Oh well atleast the dog loves me and he loves Christmas in hopes someone drops food, crumbs or leaves their stocking on the ground. I have enough baby nieces and nephews to fill my motherly void ....and empty my bank acct.

    ReplyDelete