My mom emailed me the following today: "What's going on with the blog? Obviously nothing!!!" That's one sassy grandma. So, here's an update. As most of you know, Ben's love of Barack Obama knows no bounds (he told me to characterize it as a "profound admiration"). On his behalf, I'm proud to announce that Avena now recognizes Barack in photographs. She calls him "Omama" and it's pretty hilarious. Avena and I treked to southern California this weekend to visit a high school friend of mine. She did great on the trip. We now have a daily ritual involving watering the vegetable garden, which includes "driving" to the garden in her tiny car and parking, and then while I water the vegetables she manages the "tags" (the plastic sticks that come stuck in the dirt with the vegetables). She moves them around, sticks them under the hose, gets them dirty again, and repeats the process. From the time we get home from daycare until we get out to the garden, she harasses me and says "tags" over and over so I won't forget to keep it on our 'to do' list. Trust me, it would be impossible to forget. So, to Avena the tag category includes a lot of things -the plastic sticks that come stuck in your vegetables, credit cards, small pieces of paper, that type of stuff. This weekend she scored a hot pink baggage claim tag from the airport. I couldn't figure out why she was so insistent on watering the garden when we got home, until we headed out the door and she grabbed her new tag. Our garden is now home to vegetables, the plastic tags that identify them, and one hot pink baggage claim tag. The second photo documents our first attempt at a veil hair style. It turned out pretty good. The last photo is from Mother's Day at Pier 39 in San Francisco.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, glad to hear your mama is keeping on you about the blog. Mine is practically in revolt from lack of use lately. I've been totally sick and then, while on vacation, my computer crashed - so I have resorted to begging (or stealing) a few minutes here and there on Erik's computer.
ReplyDeleteThe veil style looks great - you did such a great job!! Aveena looks so beautiful, of course.
Tell her that someday when she comes to visit Auntie Kerry and her Ghanaian "cousin" L, we are going to have to introduce her to some libertarian politicians. ;) LOL!
I've been thinking about you all a lot (even picked up a little gift for you while on vacation thinking I might save it for your birthday and then remembered your birthday is nearly a year away...so you'll be getting a "Happy June" gift in the mail sometime soon). Hope you are doing well! Sure wish you were near enough for a daytrip.