Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back in the "Golden State"...




As you all know, Aimee and Avena arrived safely into San Francisco on Saturday afternoon and were warmly greeted by family. Avena was charming and playful and all in the greeting committee were quickly enamored. Our little girl continues to be a super trooper and she's making the adjustment to a new country, a new time zone, a new climate, and a new house. And we're happy to report that we are close to establishing a normal sleep schedule for her.

As the pictures above demonstrate, she's enjoying the conveniences of America--her high chair, her swing, her favorite doll, and her Barack Obama storybook which she seems intent on eating. And given that we are no longer in a tropical climate, she's wearing long pants and socks and seems rather accepting of the whole situation.

We had our first trip to the doctor today and things went well. She weights 16.9 lbs and is 26 1/2 inches long. And our pediatrician confirmed our beliefs that she's doing well developmentally. We have a few more tests in our future in the next week or two, but nothing out of the ordinary.
It's been fun having friends and family meet Avena for the first time and we look forward to more introductions over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. WELCOME HOME! I sent an email to Aimee's email, but I know she probably doesn't have access to it. Read it when you can - it has some very interesting info that I hope will be true for you all as well.

    I'm so glad to see Avena in her HOME. We miss our Ghana companions!

    ps. I'm starting my Ghana photo book - I'll send you CD with our photos, will you do the same? I don't have your home address, can you email it to me, Ben?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I missed the WSA visit :(
    Let me know when you next is and I plan to be in the office or I may have to stop by Mtz for a visit.
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, poor little Avena, she looks so deprived, so neglected and bored out of her mind....ahahhaaaa!! nah, looks like you're lovin' your new bundle of LOVE to pieces ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter! We are just sending in our dossier today for our Ghanian daughter. I can't wait to be bringing her home.

    ReplyDelete