Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Visa In Hand

Yep, we've got Avena's Visa and our plane tickets in our hot little hands. Avena chewed on the blue slip featured in the last blog post (and I think she ate a little of it), but that didn't seem to affect the outcome. After our Embassy stop, we had a celebratory lunch at the Golden Tulip, a fancy hotel here in Accra. I have to tell you, after 60-something days of jumping through hoops, I thought fireworks might go off when she handed me that Visa (or at least she would crack a smile). No such luck. Alas, we've got what we need, so we're leaving that cranky lady behind her window of bullet proof glass and we're coming home. See you all soon.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, it is a little anticlimactic, isn't it? I even asked her, "Am I done? So, uh, I can go?"

    I'm so glad and relieved that you will soon be back in the US with you sweet hubby - one little happy family. As it should be.

    By the way - you do win the GhanaTrip Award. I'm sure you'd rather not have qualified, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more day and you are on your way!! Congratulations for FINALLY getting the magic visa and getting on your way. Can't wait to see your welcome home pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    We are friends of Kerry and Erik. We have been praying for that Visa. We are celebrating with you all and grateful that you will spend Easter at home. Your daughter is beautiful. I am glad you are on your way and have your travel date. Now just enjoy your girl.

    Jenny & David, Katie and Jennings, Charlotte, NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben and Aimee,
    Hi...I am a friend of Erik's and Kerry's. Just wanted to send more congratulations from NC. Avena is beautiful too! Praying for your safe travels and wonderful Easter homecoming.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY (again!) Scott and I are drinking a drink tonight in celebration for you guys...fantastic...have a safe trip home and we can't wait to meet you at the first Ghanaian Angels Reunion...whenever that is!! :) So much love, Kasie

    ReplyDelete