We're back in Accra and Ben is packed and ready to go. He stocked me up with all the necessary supplies to get me through until my mom arrives on Tuesday - phone minutes, beverages, baby food, etc. We ventured over to the Embassy this afternoon to confirm that I have the power to complete Avena's adoption once Ben is gone. We have had such lovely experiences there that I was dreading the visit. As a way of reassuring me, Percy told us, "A dead goat does not fear the knife." Great. I think we were the dead goat in that story!
On a side note, I saw signs for two separate schools today that confirmed how entertaining slight language differences can be (things get really funny after seven weeks). The first was for the "Virgins Preparatory Academy" and the second was for the "Peculiar Child Institute." Of course, neither of these mean exactly what they imply, but they're fantastic nonetheless.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment