Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tuesday Born

After meeting everyone at the orphanage in Kasoa I sat down to feed Avena (she's a little cranky in this shot because one of the kids had accidentally wacked her in the head). Anyhow, some of the kids sat down with me while I fed her. They all remember her from her stay there and know that her Twi name (Abena) means Tuesday born. So, one of the little boys asked me what day I was born. I told him I was born on a Tuesday (I'm Abena too). Then he asked what day Ben was born. He was born on a Tuesday, too (his Twi name is Kwabena). After deciding that he would fit rather well into our family, the little boy announced that he, too, was born on a Tuesday. One of the older girls nearby was quick to correct him. "No, you were born on a Saturday!" Apparently he had used this strategy before. They are such nice kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment